Conference Theme: Over the past decade, Cyfrwng has worked to build bridges between the scholarly community and the creative industries in Wales. The aim of this conference is to examine the relationship between theoretical and practical approaches to the media, film, performance, writing, music and the creative industries more generally. Proposals are invited from both academics, practitioners and those who seek to combine both roles. Areas of interested may include, but are not limited to:
- The development of the creative industries in Wales and beyond
- Practice-led approaches to research and scholarship
- Production studies as an academic discipline
- The theory and practice of cultural work
- Media education and training
- Partnerships between industry and academia
Proposals which focus on Wales, the Celtic nations, minority and lesser-used languages and smaller nations will be prioritised when selecting participants. However, proposals that examine the conference themes from all nations and regions will be considered.
Cyfrwng is the Welsh association for media studies and associated disciplines. Formed at Bangor in 2004, Cyfrwng has spent the past decade working with academics and media professionals both in Wales and beyond.
Deadline for abstracts: 15 February 2014
Proposals for panels and individual papers can be submitted by email to email@example.com.